Water heater does not have a drain

I looked at it from all angles and there is no drain opening on my water boiler gas. How can this be? I never thought of it till i saw a DIY article on this matter. Is this possible? It has never been drained in 15 years and I never was told when it was installed that I had to do it. I have no problem, so far with it.

Reply to
Anthona

Leave well enough alone...

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Disconnect it carry it outside and turn it upside-down.

I would not worry. How important it is to drain it depends on the local water conditions and now after 15 years, I would not try to drain one anyway, more likely to cause problems than leaving it alone. Some people have never drained one.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan