water dripping from main inside house valve

I get it. You'd rather have an answer about what a water company procedure and charge is to turn the water off in Oshkosh or the UK, rather than the answer for what YOUR water company does, which is the answer you need.

Bingo! Maybe there is hope for you.

I doubt you know anything about it, because you probably haven't actually called your water company in twenty years. And again, it doesn't matter how long it takes to get an answer from the water company, because they are the only ones that can give you the right answer. Call them and if they put you on hold, put in on the speaker while you do something else.

I doubt you could find it even if it was there. You have so many problems. Can't figure out how the rental car works. Can't figure out how the radio works. Incapable of reading a manual. You have problems with credit card companies. Seems everything always a crisis.

You really needed me to answer that? You really think that a water company won't turn off the water to a property for the owner and they would insist a plumber call? You really are a good example of a Democrat.

Reply to
trader_4

No. You don't get it.

Time spent calling them, even reading their webpage, would have been almost totally wasted, because I never had to turn off the water anyhow.

The information would have been interesting, as is the information about Oshkosh and every other location.

I would much rather be able to turn off the water myself, on my own schedule than rely on the city or a plumber. Of course I only need to do that if my main valve isn't working, and it's fixed now.

It took 30 seconds to type the question in the first place, but you've made it take 10 minutes to rehash it. Still probably less time than if I had called them and been put on hold.

Reply to
micky

It would take a Republican 5 minutes to find a wrench and to try tightening the packing nut.

Reply to
trader_4

In some areas it is standard practice to leave the wrench in the hole, when you're working on the water. It's a message to others who might notice water not working and think it is broken, or who might come by and turn it back on with their own wrench at the worst time.

That's a local custom, I'm not sure how widespread it is.

Reply to
TimR

So I shouldn't have gotten out of the car and turned on the water, just to see how hard it was to turn. Oops.

Seems like a good idea.

That accounts for no one being around. And still an interesting coincidence to see one the first and only day I've ever wanted to turn off my own water.

Reply to
micky