Repairing crack in ceramic sink?

Got a hairline crack in our ceramic kitchen sink, thanks to ill- advisedly pouring out some boiling water that hadn't quite cooled down enough. The crack isn't very obvious (you have to look closely to see it), but it's spreading and I'm concerned that in addition to leaking, the sink will become structurally unstable if it spreads too far.
The usual recommendation seems to be application of epoxy in the crack, followed by appliance paint and a sealant. However, being a hairline crack, it's not large enough to put any epoxy directly into it, so I'm assuming a layer of epoxy on top of and around the perimeter of the crack is what's called for.
Anyone had to deal with a similar situation before?
--
Dave

On 5/22/2019 9:03 PM, Dave Garrett wrote:

I'd put some fiberglass cloth and epoxy on the underside to keep it structurally sound. I'd also start shopping for new sinks as it will probably just spread anyway.
On 5/22/19 9:03 PM, Dave Garrett wrote:

Yah, time for a new sink and counter top.
Maybe check your home-owner's insurance policy to see if cracked sinks are excluded from coverage.