Water Bill

Contract work and competition just kept getting worse and worse. I stayed because I could live on it.Until I retired

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Yes, pretty much what I had except I was in a state government super scheme. $ for $ matching up to the limit I was able to put in, 9% IIRC. Difference was, I had *no control* over how and where it was invested. That said, the investment management was extremely good.

For us it was 55 though for some it was beneficial to retire at 54/11. That is age 54 and 11 months. I didn't get the option as I was fully retired at 50 and off work on sick leave for some 2 years prior.

We had the option of converting it to part lump sum, part pension. Everyone's circumstances are different so the ratio varied. Mine, for instance, was 100% pension and I had no choice in that due my reason for retirement - disability. It worked out well for me except now I have difficulty getting any govt benefits at all.

Reply to
Xeno

It doesn't. Been there, checked it all out. Works out quite a bit more expensive and would require a car rental at the other end.

It would appear so.

It's a bit different to what I had, a defined benefit scheme, and I had no control over fund management, not even risk management.

Reply to
Xeno

Bullshit with fuel alone.

Nope, you can use uber.

Yes but you didn’t have self managed super.

Reply to
Rod Speed