Washing hardwood floors

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

Reply to
Remi

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.

Reply to
Stubby

Reply to
sirbob

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.

Reply to
bowgus

The guy that refinished my hardwood about ten yrs ago recommended vinegar and warm water. its been working well and the finish still looks good, cheap too.

YMMV

Andrew

Reply to
AndrewV

Hopefully no one will believe you and ruin the floor.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Elbow grease?

-- Oren

Oren

Murphy's. If there are black scuffs, mineral spirits (test in out of the way spot) should take it off. Takes off crayola, too.

Reply to
Norminn

Not true. If you go to Home Depot or Pergo.com you will find acetone listed as the preferred cleaner. Get Pergo to send you their cleaning brochure.

Reply to
Stubby

Ummm, Acetone should eat through the plastic. I would not try this unless I saw someone else do it first, or something.

Reply to
scott21230

Acetone is listed ONLY for removal of small spots of specific types. It is NOT preferred for anything. There are even precautions for it's use for spot removal.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Need to rinse thoroughly with clear water?

Reply to
aspasia

I don't I sponge the floor dry. Murphy's dries streak free and with out clouding.

Brian

Reply to
diablo

depending on your flooring using Murphy's may void the warranty i.e.

Sue