Walking recliner Make it stop

I have a couple of Lazyboy rocking recliners. They are nice and comfortable. The only problem is every time someone sits in them, they take a small step toward the wall.

The only thing I can think of to stop it would to be take a wooden strip and screw it to the floor behind the legs.

I am hoping someone has an ingenious solution that doesn't require drilling holes through my carpet.

Thanks

Reply to
metspitzer

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, metspitzer spewed forth:

Take a thin piece of carpet pad1/8-1/4(for area rugs) and either glue it to the base or use double face tape. hth

Reply to
ChairMan

We fixed a walking footstool by driving a couple of nails into the bottom of the base, and then cutting off the head of the nail. Sharp enough to pierce the carpet without snagging. No wood floor under the carpet to worry about. If you have a wood floor beneath that might be damaged, fashion a flat brace of some sort with a notch on the front end to catch the legs of the chair and long enough to keep the desired distance from the wall. Plywood? Cover with carpet remnant or paint a matching color.

Reply to
Norminn