Wagner Airless

would someone suggest a good airless model, primarily for exterior small jobs around house, including walls and roof (acrylic base)

read this opinion about the Wagner unit that Costco sells (and it's not a good recommendation)

does Home Depot or Lowes have anything better?

Reply to
Jim B

There are alot better, but I think you want something that you wont use as a pro everyday. If cost is the concern quality wont be there. Sherwin Williams sells what is good and would direct you better. I have a 20 yr old 900$ Titan that has sprayed about 400 gallons without any special maintenance needed. Go talk to people like Sherwin Williams that sell these and know whats on the market. If you buy HD and it breaks they will just send you to isle 6, then isle 8, then thay will say duh. we jus sellem. A place like SW will take care of you since most everyone there knows sprayers. If it breaks they will try to get you going at the store.

Reply to
ransley

Google 'airless paint sprayers', disregard anything Wagner and check NG archives for other brands. One well respected and often seen in pro paint sores is Graco. There are others as well. Make sure you really have enough work to do to make a sensible buying decision. These machines are not known for surviving long periods of disuse or poor maintenance. Ay least rent something for your first project to get a feel for what works for you. Box stores are not likely to have the better quality machine if that is your choice. Check the Yellow pages for real paint stores and be prepared to be surprised at the good advice and fair prices that they have

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

recommendation)

HD sells the full line of graco sprayers. I've been quite happy with our x9.

Steve Barker

recommendation)

ditto. graco xr7 on ebay, $250.

Reply to