Vinyl over *what* over uneven concrete slab

Hello, my house is on a slab that has a couple cracks in it, but isn't moving around and has been reinforced so as to not subside any more. I have a kitchen about 12x18 feet. I'd like a simple vinyl floor in there, either sheet or squares.

To act as an underlayment and to eliminate any chance of slab cracks messing up the vinylI was thinking about gluing down plywood first. This would also make the floor seem a little warmer in winter.

Thoughts ? If this is not a completely idiotic question, what sort of plywood and what sort of glue would be best ?

Reply to
roger61611

If you're sure it's stopped moving, I think you're better off grinding the cracks into 1/2" deep grooves, filling them with patching compound, and sanding the area smooth.

Reply to
Goedjn

Don't glue it down. Let it float on the concrete. You'll be happier later on if you ever want to pull it up.

Reply to
Noozer