Vinyl House Siding

Edwin:

Thanks so much. This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Reply to
Corinne

You might be interested in Nova Brik mortarless brick siding. Today, I attended a training secession conducted by Nova Brik. I am not a contractor but a DIY homeowner.

Last two weeks I was repairing wood rots and siding around the house together with the painter. I asked my painter, if I need to replace the siding should I choose aluminum or vinyl. He said neither as both will hide woods' rots behind the siding and aluminum will dents. Vinyl becomes brittles as it age. In a few months I will replace the siding of the house we planned to buy after selling our present house.

Nova Brik originates from Canada, licensed and manufacture in MO. Rather wasting bandwidth here, you might be interested to explore further in their website

BTW, the training is free. At the end of the secession, they gave each attendees a VCD, VHS tape, training manual, certificate and etc. Go to their website and find out if they conduct free training secession in your City. The four hours you spent, will be well worth it. After the training you will be a certify installer and 75% of the attendees were contractors.

Reply to
Jim B

Interesting material. I'd like to see if it would work well with ICF construction. They don't have anything in the instructions about it but that would be a natural pair up. ICF's like

or

Edwin Pawlowski

Jim B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

ewwwww, plastic house siding looks cheap/crap.

Reply to
Aleph3

Please excuse me. I'm not familiar with ICF. Why don't you call Nova Brik, they might conduct a training secession near you or maybe your Home Centers may have a Nova Brik mockup? I saw the mockup up at Lowes and I signed up for the training.

I have an extra CD, if you like I could send it to you :-)

Disclaimer: I have no relation with Nova Brik, just a homeowner, who plan to install Nova Brik.

Reply to
Jim B

I'm going to contact them. ICFs are insulating concrete forms. They make a strong, quiet very energy efficient house.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thank you for the information and ICFs site. I am not trying to oversell Nova Brik, but after viewing the CD this evening, I am convince I could manage. I have all the necessary tools except a chop saw to cut the bricks. Since you are an experience woodworker, do you think I might damage my 12" wood miter saw, if I replace the carbide blade with a diamond blade for dry cutting?

BTW, DIY homeowner thinking of upgrading their house to vinyl siding should check out Nova Brik and ask for the CD or DVD or VHS. Better still attend one of their free training class.

Disclaimer: Again definitely no relation to Nova Brik!

Reply to
Jim B

You'll bet the crap out of it withthe dust cming off the cement. The plastic guard will be abraded, the housing will get pitted easily.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski