Vertical Ceiling Tiles

I am going to put a drop ceiling in my basement. I had planned on putting a tray ceiling around my air conditioning ducts.

I am looking for ideas on how to use a drop ceiling to do this. I cannot find anyone who has installed ceiling tiles vertically.

I plan on using 2 x 2 panels.

Thanks,

Reply to
steven

When I did this some years ago, I furred in the AC duct on the sides, and paneled it. The bottom of the duct got the ceiling tiles. Does this make sense to you?

In a somewhat similar situation, I had a steel beam in a cellar in a summer place to deal with. Boxed it in with rough cut 1" stock, stained it to match the paneling. Suspended ceiling in the usual manner.

Reply to
professorpaul