Vent stack replacement device

Saw an interesting device in the home store today. Replaces the need for a vent on a drain line. Essentially a 6" nozzle with a one-way valve to let air in but not out. Probably been around for a while, but first time I've seen one.

Has anyone tried one of these? I daren't ask whether it meets code..... Presumably would only be workable in an accessible situation such as a sink or basin.

Reply to
GM

Lots of info here:

Yes, it must remain accessible.

Code acceptable? Depends. We don't have a "National" Code (US) and big differences exist between regions of the country.

Won't replace the stack vent, but can be used on individual fixture traps.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim