Update on Whirlpool refrigerator powering down after a power glitch (really long)

On 7/10/2016 11:52 PM, George in SC wrote:

People like gadgets, needed or not. When I open a door or use the ice dispenser it shows on a display the temperature of the freezer and refrigerated sections. I can also independently change the temperature of the drawer.
All sorts of nifty things but no butter compartment.
On 7/11/2016 2:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

*Heated* butter compartment!!
On 7/12/2016 5:16 PM, Don Y wrote:

Does not have to be heated, just not as cold as the rest of the fridge. Last two were like that. Last *heated* butter compartment was in a Frigidaire we bought in 1966. Had a multiple position dial. It was still a GM company back then.
On 7/12/2016 6:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've not encountered a "non-heated" butter compartment that was sufficiently warmer than the rest of the refrigerator to make a difference. Doors are well insulated, now, so virtually any place inside the "refrigerated section" is "cold".
I've taken to removing butter from the refrigerator well in advance of needing it. Especially if baking (as "firm" butter doesn't mix well with other ingredients).

showing. But

Everything was

s it

tion

water dispenser

ter I

the reset, it

te. So, I

on the

Thank you for sharing
On Saturday, July 9, 2016 at 10:46:15 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:

showing. But

Everything was

s it

tion

water dispenser

ter I

the reset, it

te. So, I

on the

A bit late, but I had a similar experience two days ago with a brief, like lights flickered off, and came back on. I noticed water puddling at the refrigerator yesterday. I scheduled a home warranty visit for $75, thinking the icemaker wasn't wor king (dripping at ice dispenser). After further investigation, i found the cooling wasn't working, but no doo r indication. Today, I pulled the refigerator out, unplugged it and plugged it back in. The fan and compressor started up and cooling is back on. Now I know why the previous owner had a UPS behind the refrigerator making it stick out an extra 6 inches. I'll put a slimmer UPS, probably wall mount behind it now that I've had thi s experience.
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 2:17:51 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2

ot showing. But

. Everything was

as it

mation

e water dispenser

After I

)

ve”

.

er the reset, it

tate. So, I

s on the

.

e lights flickered off, and came back on.

orking (dripping at ice dispenser).

oor indication.

g it stick out an extra 6 inches.

his experience.
Another possible solution would be a timer, where the fridge is on almost all the time but off for half an hour once a day.
On 17 Jan 2017, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in alt.home.repair:

Almost everything these days is computerized just like your desktop computer or laptop. For all of them you can spend a lot of time trying to troubleshoot a problem... or just reboot the damn thing and chances are that whatever is ailing will magically disappear. In principle I hate to admit that a machine got the better of me, but sometimes ya just gotta move past that on to more important things in life.
My motto: "Reboot now, worry later."