Unlock your car with a string

It sure as hell does. You just call North Star, or your special electronic doohickey attachment, and the door opens. Would that constitute opening a door with a cell phone?

Same results.

Technically, anyway.............

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Same applies to a slim-jim - or even a "pre- bent" coat hangar.

My mechanic's licence would gat me off the hook for carrying a slim-jim in my van.

Reply to
clare

wrote

And whether or not you're dealing with Deputy Fife, or a reasonable person. We have letters of authorization from the developer and property management companies, and that is just gain entry "by any means possible" to equipment areas, pool gates, storage, but NO domiciles. It is amazing the number of times we are dispatched to investigate a property, and are given no gate codes or keys ..............

I also consult, and give a security evaluation, checking how easy their systems are to defeat. Some can be defeated with a short twig of wood laying on the ground.

We also have a SIL who is a sergeant, and daughter who is a regular officer in that jurisdiction.

I have never opened a car for a resident, though, as I do not want to open that bag of snakes. Even if I SEE the person lock their own cars. To do it right, you need to see their driver's license, compare that to registration papers in the glove box, and if they don't match, guess what you're SUPPOSED to do?

DEPUTY FIFE, ASAP! Don't make a lot of sense, but it's the way I do it. But then, at times, I don't make a lot of sense, as you know.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Bob F" wrote

Ever see that video where the guy catches the mean cat, and it clamps its jaws on the inside of the guy's crotch, just an inch or so from Mr. Johnson and the twins? Hooboy, that musta hurt.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Unless caught during a B&E or with a trunk full of swag, how often is anyone actually charged with 'possession of burglars tools'? As a kid, when I actually made money using tools, the back of the station wagon often included multiple crowbars, bigass screwdrivers, duct tape, and giant bolt cutters. And being a kid with out-of-county plates, I got rousted by cops on a regular basis. None of them ever even blinked at the contents of the vehicle. I think maybe one of them asked 'ya work construction, huh?'. Of course, I am as pale-skinned and red-haired as my Viking ancestors, so I may not be a representative data point. (DWB existed even back then.)

Reply to
aemeijers