units in fourplex. Why

my sister says that if i do not chase the carpenter bees away and let them drill, the landlord will kill them

Those damned caterpillar-eating wasps are waaaay harder to shoo away.

I sometimes spend weeks, knocking down their new little upstart hive inside my greenshack, every morning another try, before they finally give up and go away.

mk5000

Wasps are stinging insects who are aggressive. They are useful in that they feed on garden pests in addition to nectar, but they do not pollinate in the same way that bees do. Wasps are longer than bees and have a narrow waist.

If you see a wasp nest on your property, do not attempt to remove it on your own as wasps will aggressively protect their nests. --advice from colorado pest pros

Reply to
marika

Easier said than done, but they do drill holes in the wood of the house.

They have hives? That can be knocked down? What makes them carpenter bees? The oned I knew had tiny electric drills they used to make holes in the wood just below the end of the eave. I got up on a ladder and used plastic wood or something to fill the holes. Soon after I read that I should have put mothball in each hole first, but they didn't come back.

Reply to
micky