Uniboard laminate flooring at Sam's Club -- any good

Sam's Club has glueless laminate flooring by Uniboard at $1.23 per sq. ft. Is this stuff any good? I know that I would have to buy the underlay separately, which would add to the cost.

Or is the Pergo Signature (with integral underlay) at $3.57 per. sq. ft. a betterh deal?

Or none of the above?

FB

Reply to
Frederica Bloggs

I can't speak for the Pergo but I installed about 400' of the Sam's brand in my gameroom over the good quality underlayment, not the styrofoam Sam's sells but hte stuff that looks like very dense carpet pad with a blue vapor barrier on it.

I'm very happy with it and it is holding up well. I have another brand in my foyer, Westinghouse I think? and I'm happy with it also.

Reply to
Bruce

What made you decide to use non-Uniboard-approved underlayment? Did you consult with anybody about this?

FB

Bruce wrote:

Reply to
Frederica Bloggs

Find some installed somewhere and walk on it before you buy. If you like it ok, but you may not.

Boden

Frederica Bloggs wrote:

Reply to
EL

I installed the island cherry version of the laminate downstairs, with an upgraded underlayment. It installed very easily, is durable and looks terrific. The only disadvantage is trying to find shoe molding to match; Pergo manufactures it to match each of their floors. Overall, I am very happy with the product, and you can't beat the price!

Reply to
Steve Hurm

Funny FB and Steve should mention this -- I'm looking at the exact same stuff from Sam's Club to install in my basement over the subfloor we just installed. My contractor brought a sample of the medium-grade color by last week, and it seems not only durable but snaps together easily and nice and tight. About the only minus I can see is that the finish might be a tad slippery for some folks -- kinda like how a good waxing might be a tad slippery in stocking feet.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott