Underfloor hydronic radiators and hardwood floors

Hi,

You can pretty much guess what my question is. Can underfloor hydronic radiators work in conjunction with hardwood floors? I can see it being inefficient + harwood getting damaged over time.

Thank you,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

The temp is near 110 in the pipes, no damage will occur. It is more efficent if under the pipes has insulation and a radiant barrier.

Reply to
ransley

yep its worked oin this old house, but supplemental forced air heat to minimize floor temp is essential

Reply to
hallerb

I've been working on a house with hydronic tubes under the hardwood floors. The plumber told me that there are different temperature settings for wood floors, carpeting, and ceramic tile. This house has no forced air heat.

Reply to
John Grabowski