Unbalanced washer load stops machine from running

Long ago I had a Whirlpool washer which did this: When the load was unbalanced sufficiently, it would stop spinning and not work anymore.

I had to go underneath it and plug in a connector that was pulled out when the basket moved too far in one direction.

I could have untied the wires so they were free to move with the basket, but I thought it might have been done almost? on purpose, as a safety measure. What do you think?

What would happen if a very unbalanced load spun wildly? My next door neighbor's wife said it made him turn green and outgrow his shirts. I don't want that to happen to me. So is it a bad idea to free up the wires so they can follow the basket where it goes?

Reply to
Micky