Two Lights on Same Switch?

I want to put Compact Flourescent bulbs into my ceiling fan fixture. Problem
is that the lights in the fixture are controlled by a dimmer.
I want to pull the wires controlling the lighting part of the dimmer and
connect them to the light switch that is already installed adjacent to the
fan fixture control. That switch already controls one ac receptacle in the
room into which a standard lamp is plugged in.
Can I connect both the fan light wiring and the wiring for the one ac
receptacle into the same switch?
Thanks!
John
Reply to