TV Question

If this is the wrong group,please direct me to the proper group.

It's a regular Zenith table model, 32", still under warranty, hooked up to a rotary antenna. The TV will not turn on using either the remote or the panel on the front of the TV. The red standby light is on. The other TV works fine, hooked up to the same antenna. Please diagnose and advise. Thanks, Jack

Reply to
jackweso

Probably a defective power supply or HOT.

Under warranty? Call your dealer.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

diagnose 60 bucks , Advise its under warranty why are you here

Reply to
m Ransley

He could be asking here because

(a) it's Saturday, and he can't get warranty help over the weekend;

or

(b) he might think he can get an answer here more quickly than waiting on hold for hours to speak to somebody at the manufacturer/dealer;

or

(c) all he has is carry-in warranty service, and there may be a simple answer that saves a trip to wherever.

FB

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
Frederica Bloggs

You might try pulling the plug for 5 minutes or check the manual to see if there is a reset button.

Reply to
Art Begun

Just a thought. Does it have a feature to lock the front panel and do you have kids? Sometimes our kids will go through the tv menu and accidently lock the front panel (buttons on the tv won't work). Oddly enough, at the same time the universal remote needs re-programmed. Sooo, the tv won't function. Remedy: unplug the tv for a few seconds.

-Chris

Reply to
C.Swartz

No kids; no reset button; don't see anything to lock the front panel, but I took your advice and the advice of Art Begun and unplugged the set ....

AND NOW IT WORKS!!!

Don't understand it, but it works.

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
BroJack

Wait a week or 2 it will go out again I had the same problem cost 120 to fix , dont let the warranty run out

Reply to
m Ransley