trying to match wall texture

I posted a question about this a while back and thought I'd try again, this time with an illustration!

I need to match a drywall texture and it doesn't look like anything that comes out of a can these days. It's similar to what some people call a slapbrush texture, but more subtle. Here's a link to a photo at close to

100% scale:

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Crabshell

Chris

go here:

RayV

"RayV" wrote in news:1151349176.237748.305890 @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Thanks. I found that myself and the texture isn't quite what he shows. That's where I found the "slapbrush" term.

Reply to
Crabshell

Use about equal parts of paint and ready mix joint compound. Get a long nap roller cover, 3/4 minimum - 1" plus preferred. The paint can be any old latex junk or mismatch you have or buy. Keep the paint in a 5 gallon bucket, not a roller tray. Lay down plenty of tarps, use an extension handle on the roller frame, wear old clothes. Dunk the roller into the 5, bang it back and forth on the sides of the bucket to shed excess, roll onto the wall. Once the wall has a full wet coat, work at getting a uniform texture without blobs and ridges.

The texture is often called "roller stipple". ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Thanks. I'll try that on a scrap of wood and see what happens. How long does it take to dry? I assume you have to do an entire wall before it dries otherwise it won't blend well, correct?

"DanG" wrote in news:jr8og.145563$k%3.55328 @dukeread12:

Reply to
crabshell