Trex Railing

We're installing a front porch and rear deck with Trex and want a no- maintenance white railing. Don't like the look of vinyl so am wondering how any of you folks have fared with the Trex railing system. Is there a lower-priced alternative out there?

Thanks.

Lynn Willis

Reply to
willisl

Our condo has used natural/gray trex for railings. OK on the no maintenance side, not great for looks or feel. I would be hesitant to use white, due to handprints and dirt accumulating. Our condo is white, with green trim but for balconies and stairways, which have always been gray. The plain trex weathers to the same gray as the paint used on ballusters and stairs, so it works for us. The doofus who installed it put screws all the way through, so the screw heads are on top surface of the railings. We also have gray Trex on our finger-dock; great stuff.

Reply to
Norminn

If you don't like the look of vinyl, then why consider Trex? Any material will require some maintenance, the minimum once-a-year cleaning.

Reply to
Phisherman