Trex or Pressure Treated Fence

I have an older pressure treated fence around a pool and the top plate (2 x 6 with a 2 x 4 at 90 degrees) is in need of replacement. Thinking of using Trex (or a similar substitute) in lieu of pressure treated and eventually replacing all the fence with the same material. Does anyone have first hand experience with trex in horizontal applications? Particularly interested in knowing of mildew problems, color stability, shrinkage and eventually slipperiness.

Thanks.

Reply to
nospamplse

With Trex, I do. Great stuff, not slippery, fades to grey. Can't be used as a structural material, though (think "not posts"). Should be supported well, max 12 inches O.C., as it's _heavy_. HTH Tom

Reply to
tom

Thanks.

Reply to