Tree Stump

Drill several deep 1" holes in the stump and keep the holes filled with 34-0-0 fertilizer. After two years the stump should easily break up into pieces with an axe. You can use the "Stump Remover" sold in stores which is just expensive potassium nitrate.

Reply to
Phisherman
< A large colony of subterranean termites of 500,000 insects consumes

But if we all chipped in...if we ALL sent the guy a colony...

Heck, some of us could probably even send MORE than one :)

Oooooowooooo--NO! There are several commercoa; chemical substances that, trickled into drilled holes, will dissolve the stump. Don't import termites---they are the insatiable in search of the irreplaceable, zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

I dont think I will burn it as my county has a dusk to dawn no burn order. Grinder or fertiliser is the order. thanks.

Reply to
m Ransley

The poor man's quick alternative is to dig all the dirt from around the root ball, and then saw through each one. Presto! And you get a lot of free exercise in the process.

Reply to
Bert Byfield