Tree Sap on Jeans

Any ideas on how to get tree sap of jeans? (hemlock sap)

TIA

Reply to
Benni

I'd try Pine Oil first, then Turpentine or mineral spirits.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

scissors

Reply to
RayV

lol

Reply to
Benni

I'd try Avon Skin-So-Soft first. I know it sounds crazy, but it actually works really well on this kind of thing. Then wash the jeans to get the SSS out of them.

Jo Ann

Benni wrote:

Reply to
jah213

Reply to
bamboo

Same way you do to get it off of janes, susans etc.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Fire?

Reply to
Tom The Great

I'll second the turpentine. Andy

Reply to
aenewhouse

Hemlock sap? Isn't hemlock poisonous? If I were you I wouldn't try sucking it out...

Reply to
Mikey

Turpentine. Dry. Wash.

Reply to
Norminn

Mineral spirits or kerosene.

Reply to
Phisherman

A product called Citrasolve. Works on tar, sap, sticky stuff. It is a petroleum product. You can dilute it or use it straight. Usually you can find it in the cleaning/solvent area of a hardware store.

Reply to
JS

I get pine stickum on myself and other things, and I get the impression that soap and water takes it off. Or have you tried that already.

Or is hemlock different from pine?

Reply to
mm

The same way you get it off your hands. If you aren't to smart you use lots of soap and hot water, a little smarter and you might use turpentine or paint thinner but then your hands smell awful and your wife says get that awful stink out of the house. Now when you have really figured it out, you remove the bulk mechanically and the use butter or any food oil (I prefer olive oil) followed by soap.

On the jeans, almost anything you use will result in a stain or some damage. Least harmful and most effective will be a food oil followed by regular washing, may result in no stain.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

WD40

Reply to
Rudy

Reply to
Craven Morehead

:On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:26:31 GMT, "Benni" wrote: : :>Any ideas on how to get tree sap of jeans? (hemlock sap) :>

:>TIA :>

: :Mineral spirits or kerosene.

I would think that Turpentine would work fine, if you have it. If you don't have that, I'd definitely try the mineral spirits or kerosene or paint thinner. Then you just wash with soap and water. What I'd do is put a little liquid soap right on the areas where you put the solvents, then wash.

Reply to
Dan_Musicant