Treated wood identification

I have some wood I keep in a closet.

Most is plain untreated 2x4 pine and plywood.

But one 2x4 is marked as follows:

WeatherShield

Above Ground only

ESR-2240-UC3B

I found the company website, but no info regarding the material on the label.

I want to know if it is safe to keep that one piece in a small closed where the door is kept closed except when retrieving wood.

Thanks.

Reply to
Andy

ESR 2240 tells me this is treated with treated with a copper and azole preservative system. That is CA-B or CA-C

Reply to
gfretwell

It is safe provided that there is no overhead lighting in the closet.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

I see an SDS is available:

Looks like a bit of overkill and main hazard is from sawdust like any other wood.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks.

Andy