TPMS light reset

A friend had his tires replaced and the TPMS light was on the dash before and after.

He was charged for new TPMS hardware but are they supposed to reset the light normally?

Or does it reset on its own after so many miles or time?

Reply to
andrew

On most cars, if the system and sensors are correctly placed, then after umptity minutes of it reading that all the tire pressures are ok, it should turn off.

(In my own car's case, if the light comes on and I find a tire that's 10 PSI low, the light will go off I've filled the tire and driven a bit.)

Note that if they didn't properly reinstall the sensors when putting on the new tires, all bets are off.

Reply to
danny burstein

And the sensors are not cheap. Better to look at the tires. I can tell when a tire is low.

Reply to
Thomas

I don't know if I have TPMS or some other method, but on my 2005 Toyota, and on the 2021 Citroen I rented, the light had to be turned off manually. I read the manual for both.

From the Citroen manual (the manual does not use the abbeveviation TPMS but it doesn't use any other name either.) "You must reinitialise the system after the adjustment of one or more tyre pressures and after changing one or more wheels"

Reinitialisation of the system must be done with the ignition on and the vehicle stationary:

- in the vehicle configuration menu, for vehicles fitted with a display screen,

- using the instrument panel display or the button on the dashboard, for vehicles without a display screen.

This is why it would be better if posters didn't ask universal questions but said what year and make of car, etc. they were asking about. Why do poeple ask such vague questions?

It's harder to tell with radials.

Reply to
micky