Topping mix directions are messed up!

I'm trying to repair a few small areas in my basement flooring. To do this I plan on mixing, pouring, and levelling as necessary, using a 5kg bucket of top mix, made by Ocean. This is a "self levelling" compound.

I have a problem though. The mixing directions say:

"170ml (1/2 pint) of water to 1kg of mix"

If you do your convertion, you'll see that 1/2 pint is 240ml, and that 170ml is only 1/3 pint.

So, how much water do I REALLY use for 1kg of mix?

Reply to
Calab

You want it to be the consistency of pancake batter, maybe slightly thicker. Start with 170ml, if it's too thick, add water slowly until you reach a thick, but still free flowing consistency.

Reply to
Abe