toilets

I was thinking of replacing the old 70s toilet with a modern, one piece one. Like to know if there are any opinions on how well different makes flush etc. and which is a good make to choose. Or, of course if there is a good reason not to choose the one piece type.

TIA

Reply to
lucretiaborgia

The one piece ones start at $159 here - so not a great deal more -

Plenty of choice below and above that, all designed to use far less water per flush than the old one, although I do have a couple of large jars in the tank to lessen the quantity of water. In fact, that was the problem really, too much choice :)

Reply to
lucretiaborgia

Lol, that's another way to look at it !

Reply to
lucretiaborgia

I liked the caroma so much I bought two of them. Awesome commode.

Iowna Uass

I checked our local Menard's a few months ago, there were more than 40 white-colored toilets on display, God only knows how many more could be special-ordered in various colors.

Reply to
hrhofmann

There is a big selection here too, but I don't recall seeing that one, would have noticed because the striking thing is easy cleaning.

Reply to
lucretiaborgia

Wow, lovely design, easy clean. I don't think I have seen them here, but will be looking. Thanks.

Reply to
lucretiaborgia

They are available here, I checked, pricey, but as someone else said, how much does it cost per flush over 20 years lol I am pretty much decided as I think they look great and could not be more simple from the cleaning point of view. Thanks.

Reply to
lucretiaborgia

I bought new AS Toilets at Home Depot a year ago and they came in two separate boxes, one for the base and one for the tank and they were not banded together.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher