toilet won't drain but tub will

The toilet fills with water when flushed but the tub right next to it drains fine. I ran a short snake into the toilet and didn't seem to do anything. We also get lots of bubbles into the toilet when draining the tub which really worries me!

Reply to
BradMM

It is clogged, just a question of where. Perhaps a longer snake is needed, or some pressure from a plunger.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:W7xDg.7863$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

A toilet plunger. Not a flat sink plunger.

| | | | |

--------- | | | | \\ / | | ------

Reply to
Al Bundy

I was thinking closet auger. The smaller drain snakes can be too tiny for a large bore toilet drain.

Second idea would be a big dump of hydroxide drain cleaner, and then leave it to see if the blockage liquifies and runs down the drain.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:GFKDg.31175$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Tha'd be it! A bit better than my artwork :-)

Reply to
Al Bundy

I found it on

then click "images" and enter "toilet plunger" in the search box.

You, too, can amaze your friends. Although, your art work was clear enough to tell what you meant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:jr_Dg.33832$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

...to someone who already knew what it was.

Reply to
Al Bundy