Toilet-tank leak? ? ?

This is the correct answer. Our tank (forgive the pun) crapped out at five am after a night at the bar celebrating my sister's birthday... whole floor on that level was shot and it was an AMAZING mess. Thank goodness there was a drain in the laundry room or who knows how much water would have ended up in the basement (the cutoff valve was shot too, and kept spewing water).

Reply to
Kimbo

If you dry the tank out very well, you could try rubbing epoxy into the crack, especially from the inside. Squeeze it in by rubbing over it with your finger, then leave a layer over the crack in addition. Sand the surface lightly first.

If the cracked area shows, rub the epoxy in from the outside, but then wipe it off show it doesn't show. Otherwise, leave a layer there also.

Reply to
Bob F

And wrap the whole thing in a bunch of rope to hold it together when the crack spreads.

Reply to
AZ Nomad