Toilet rocks when you sit on it?

Ok Joe Dirt... :)

Reply to
ephedralover

It is totally relavant. The OP said his toilet was leaking at the base. That's a sign of a bad wax ring.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Wouldn't that prevent me from knowing if it begins to leak again?

Reply to
ephedralover

See my earlier post. Leave a gap at the back of the toilet, where water can seep out and leaks can be dectected. Placing it at the back will make it not visible.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

"analogous", A N A L

Fixing a rocking toilet, in my case involved two wax rings stacked and shims to get it to stop rocking and get it to seal correctly.. That is what I posted. Every rocking toilet will/may not be repaired the same.

-- Oren

Oren

The real solution is to stop doing what makes the toilet rock before you go blind.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I caulk them any time I do a repair..never a problem. Tim's gap idea in the back is an excellent nugget.

-- Oren

Oren

Touché

-- Oren

Oren

It was the shims, not the wax rings. I don't expect you to know that, but I'm telling others listening that you're not really sure what you're talking about.

Reply to
jeffc

That may be. The other posted implied wax rings are a cure for a rocking toilet. I was clearing that up.

Reply to
jeffc

And you are full of shit. You don't tell anybody here what to do.

-- Oren

Oren

You are full of shit, wax rings are not the cure and who said that? Frankly, I would not let you clean up my crapper. Do you clean?

-- Oren

Oren

Apparently, you're a complete moron and it's time for you to go back in your corner with your pointy hat. My point was, was rings are not the cure.

Reply to
jeffc

QED

Reply to
jeffc

I like you better as Joe Dirt with the "bring the chicks over" routine. I haven't seen you contribute to what the OP asked or even offer a solution. First the wax ring is not relevant and you were called on it since the OP had a leak. Now it is relevant, but not a cure.

I will state this as I have before: a double wax ring and wedges fixed my rocking toilet... not a cure for everyone.

-- Oren

Oren

I know you haven't. That's because you're not very smart.

And I will contribute this bit of information to the OP once again. Your double wax ring did not fix your rocking toilet. Only your wedges did.

Reply to
jeffc

With a double wax ring I got the very important seal I needed, so I could place the wedges and tighten things up...come on, you are smart.

-- Oren

Oren

Sell it to a ROCK band !!!!!

Reply to