toilet not flushing properly

After flushing my toilet bowl doesn`t completely empty. It1s one of those 2 gal. ones. oh!! for the good ole days. What can I do to fix it?

Reply to
herbwhite59

Don't need the good ole days, just good toilets. My Kohler 1.6 gallon never miss. Do a great job, but some older models did not. Most new ones are better than the old 3 to 5 gallon models.

It this a case of they used to be ok but now not so much? Good chance the holes around the rim are clogged and you are not getting a good flush of water. People have cleared them using CLR and similar chemicals. May help to check with a wire or nail to see if they are stopped up too.

If you end up replacing it, consider the comfort height. As you get older it really does add to comfort getting up and down.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski