toilet makes shuddering sound

when it's flushed. It started a couple of weeks ago and I don't know what's causing it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
Madx

It's the pilot valve in the filler (I don't know what they call them now.) That's why I went back to an old fashioned brass ballcock. They shut off gently. (glad I bought it before copper prices went thru the roof)

You might just need to take the top off and clean the diaphragm that has a little sand and grit trapped under it.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob