Toilet flush problem

I cannot say exactly what your problem is, but your experience is very similar to one I just had:

One of my three toilets was slow in flushing and sometimes took a couple of flushes in order to completely flush. I checked the water level in the tank, and it was fine. Being that the toilet was over 30 years old, I used the Muriatic acid fix to clear any accumulated lime, even though I did not see evidence of that being the problem. That did not improve the flushing.

Next I bought a toilet auger (aka snake) and ran that through the toilet. I never really encountered anything that felt like an obstruction. Thinking that the stack vent might be the problem, I ran a snake through it. It too did not seem to have any obstruction and the flushing did not improve.

Finally I reluctantly removed the toilet thinking I could clear the line better than with the toilet still attached. Finally I retrieved some hair from the line. It appears that the toilet was going to the tub and the hair was accumulating in the line from the tub and not the toilet. Once I had cleared all the hair I could with the snake, I poured some liquid cleaner that I purchased at Home Depot that was supposed to work on hair and finally flushed it with hot water after several hours. That solved my problem.

My point is that although it is not what I wanted to do, removing the toilet made clearing the line easier and more complete. Perhaps that will solve your problem?

Reply to
Ken

Re

te Re

OP might try a few buckets of VERY HOT WATER! it can do no harm and might really help

Reply to
bob haller

Perhaps the shower and sink drain into the same septic tank but that is no guarantee that they use the same piping up until the main drain line to the septic to get there,,,

Have you checked the vent stack to see if it is not blocked ? If the vent stack is blocked any drains it serves will drain very slowly if at all because no air pressure equalization can take place in the drainage piping and you may be creating enough water pressure to inhibit proper drainage...

Don't be fooled by the top of the vent being clear, something could have fallen in and dropped to a level just above the toilet drain interfering with the venting of the toilet, the shower and sink drains are vented higher up the stack above the flood level of the fixture so their venting may not be obstructed...

Try taking a garden hose up to the roof and running water down the vent to see if that clears up your problem...

Reply to
Evan