Toilet

I was in a hotel a few months back and they had a toilet that had a very small tank but when flushed, very high-pressue water came out. What kind of toilet is this?

Reply to
Jim85CJ

A pressure assist type. Several brands are made. Most rely on the water pressure to pressurize the tank when refilling. Most work well seldom clog and cost plenty. They also tend to require more maintenance.

Newer quality designed and made toilets do very well without all this stuff. Look for fully glazed traps with at least a 2 inch size. The American Standard Cadet (there are several models) seems to be very well liked and it is not expensive.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yeah what Joseph said.. Plus those pressure flush toilets are usually VERY noisy..Everyone in your house will hear it flush... Look for a good quality regular toilet, as he said, glazed trap, 2"+ John

Reply to
John

I have had an flushmate pressure assit and an amdrican standard champion. Both handle "large loads" in a single flush. If I had to choose, though, I would go with the flushmate. I didin't mind the extra noise and like the force with which it flushed..

Reply to
ADC

Have an American Standard Champion since mother in law moved in. She uses a huge amount of TP before flushing. Works great , no more clogs.

Reply to
Jimmie

I have owned a Flushmate for 10 years with limited "maintenance" issues. The company stands behind there product and the one problem I did have was resolved by calling there 800 number. I would suggest anyone with a problem should call there technical service department since the Flushmate has a 5 year warranty. Plus most of the time it is only a simple adjustment. I have looked at the Champion but I think it was overrated. After contacting A.S. they had limited information related to the claims they gave on there website.

Reply to
Steve