Tile grout

So I have had my dogs in the kitchen while I am gone. In normal circumstances, they are completely fine for six hours without having to go to the bathroom, however, I had left them a bit longer than normal, and with full water and food, accidents happen.

They did pee on the tile, and my question is, obviously it went through the grout (I'm assuming that the grout is the seams in between pieces of tile).

I'm afraid that this will stink up later in warmer weather...is there a way to deodorize? remove the seeped in urine? disinfect?

Without having to tear up the tile?

TIA

Gene

Reply to
Gene Moon

"Gene Moon" wrote in news:CeD1b.60146$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.central.cox.net:

Having a cat who loves to urinate on freshly tiled areas (I think it may have something to do with the fumes for the curing adhesive) I can tell you that I had some success with commercial products designed to stop animals from urinating where you don't want them too. Since the offending area was a bathroom, the oder did return for a while and repeated applications were necessary.

BTW, when the smell is finally gone, seal the tile grout. This works wonders.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

seal the grout and this won't happen.

pet stores sell a liquid that you saturate the problem area with. contains some sort of enzymes. follow the directions and it works pretty well. let dry for a week afterwards, and seal with at least 2 coats of grout sealer. liquids should bead up on the grout after sealing.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Thanks, I will give that a shot!