The point of cleaning windows?

Why are skyscraper windows cleaned? Surely the rain does that job for free? I have never cleaned my house windows, it can't be dirtier higher up.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Well there is pigeon shit all over mine, two days after the cleaner has been, but I live in a house and cannot see the mess myself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I tend not to get it on vertical windows much, they'd have to have a good aim to get it from out on the eaves. But if it lands on my car or my conservatory roof, it's gone after the next rainfall. So cleaning either is pointless.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp> wrote

Because they get dirty quite quickly.

Nope.

Hovels don't count.

It is actually.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not on a soggy island.

Water tends to wash things off.

Doesn't make a difference to what glass does in rain.

For what reason?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yep, because the rain is quite dirty where the sky scrapers are.

But adds more dirt when its dirty rain, as it is where the sky scrapers are.

Flying into sydney on a clear sunny day, the smog is very clearly visible.

Yes it does.

Higher wind speed with the dirt in it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Park your car here,bat shit does not wash off,especially with no rain and left on it dissolves paint

Reply to
F Murtz

Don't park your car in a cave.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Can't they just have jets of water at the top that flush the whole thing once a week? They could even have a wash and rinse cycle with detergent in it.

I didn't think you had enough population density for smog.

Then why not use hovel glass in skyscrapers?

And higher wind speed with the rain on it to rinse.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Have you ever cleaned windows that you look out of?

Andy

Reply to
A K

No. There's no need, since opening the window does not make the view clearer.

It may be because I don't live in a polluted area. I do know a friend who said he had a problem with dirt, living near a granary. Even his garden pond got a film of muck over it.

[uk.d-i-y re-added since your newsreader f***ed up]
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I park mine under a big row of trees and get big turds of white shit on the car. Not certain that it is bat shit but likely is because they are so big. You need very heavy rain to wash it off and even then its and shit free as washing the car properly.

I do know that there are fruit bats in the trees because my neighbour told me and I checked and he is right.

It doesn't dissolve my paint but it's a very good paint job, Korean.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Most of out bats don't live in caves. Most of yours don't either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Doesn't work either because to get the worst of the dirty off you need more than water running over the glass.

Still wouldn't work as well as the current window cleaning does.

The bigger state capitals do.

They do.

Doesn't work like that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Must be different bats, the bats I've seen in Scotland are so small they'd easily fit in your hand, so their shit must be considerably smaller than say a seagull.

That sentence is f***ed and doesn't mean what you intended.

In Scotland you're lucky to ever see a bat.

Try brake fluid.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've seen about 5 bats in my life flying around in the open, and about 5000 bats in a cave. I can tell you they are very good at not crashing into you. I think I stood on a twig and startled them. The whole f****ng lot exited the cave very rapidly, swerving around me and not hitting me, the edges of the cave, or each other. Place an unexpected object in front of 5000 car drivers and watch that not happen.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Me too and that's because they are nocturnal.

I've never seen any in a cave. I have seen some in video footage.

Of course they are, otherwise they wouldn't last long.

I got a similar result with galahs in my big line of trees. I came out of the house and the whole lot took off at once, hell of a racket. Never came anywhere near me tho, very big trees, most up to 100'

Rod Speed

That makes sense if you live in a clean area.

I live close to Houston, Texas which has tons of refineries.

The yardmen with the blowers scatter dust everywhere.

:-(

Andy

Reply to
A K

I've never understood the leaf blower. Think about your home, you use a vacuum cleaner, it sucks. The dirt is captured inside it, not blown around the room. I had a leaf blower once, it had a reverse mode and a bag attached to the back. Far more effective than moving the leaves to somewhere they'd simply return from when the wind got going again.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Or anything either.

Doent work with leaves, you waste all the time emptying the bag, stupid.

< mode and a bag attached to the back.

Doent work with leaves, you waste all the time emptying the bag, stupid.

< they'd simply return from when the wind got going again.

You blow them into a pile and put them in the wheely bin in one go, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed