Terrible running costs and not much pressure!!

Hi all, can you help?

In July last year my wife and I moved into a 4 bed, 1 bathroom semi- detached property since then my gas bill in total has been =A31000+! I have also had to fit a pump to the shower as the pressure is really low!

The boiler I have is an Ideal E-Type (not sure of its age) it is located in the basement, there is a water tank in the attic and a hot water tank in the bathroom. I am considering replacing the boiler with a condensing boiler and the tank with a megaflow (I have plenty of room for it in my basement).

Could anyone give me any advice on whether this will increase the efficiency and water pressure?

Many thanks Ben

Reply to
ben_drakes

In July last year my wife and I moved into a 4 bed, 1 bathroom semi- detached property since then my gas bill in total has been £1000+! I have also had to fit a pump to the shower as the pressure is really low!

I'm not familiar with the UK brands of equipment but new units generally are more efficient. The bets payback, however, is insulation. It is a one time cost that pays back for decades.

As for the low pressure, check the water lines coming in for blockage.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski