Temporary Natural Gas line.

The repressurizers are all self sufficient natural gas operated turbines.

Reply to
clare

not everywhere.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Down the street a high dollar RV burned to the ground when it caught fire. That thing was a tinder box on wheels. Anyway since you asked, you probably have a garden hose that isn't being used this time of year....., why not just use that? It will probably work just fine if it doesn't leak and blow something up and if worse comes to worse you will have the hose already strung out, ready to connect to the water line to put out the fire.. Whatever you do remember you will have to bleed the air for a while before the gas gets to the end of the line. Just curious, is this for a mother-in-law?

Reply to
Mr. Austerity

IIRC, isn't regulated propane pressure about 3 PSI? Natural gas is 11 inches water column, which is not a lot of pressure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ERRRRRRR! 11 inches water column is required for some high BTU usage equipment like NG powered gensets. If I remember correctly, most appliances run on 5-8 inches water column which is why gas lines are usually 3/4" and 1". Around here you can get 2 lb pressure service from the gas company and it's indicated by a red face on the gas meter. I like it because I can run 3/8" lines to everything but a regulator is needed for each appliance. I think it's 11" WC, 1/3 lb for propane used in homes, 7 inches WC = around 1/4 PSI. Imagine the pressure of your breath when you blow on the back of your hand and that's like 8 inches WC. 1 PSI = 27.5 inches WC. I have the meters to measure those low pressures, that's why you see little 1/8 npt threaded pipe plugs all over gas equipment so the pressures can be checked and adjusted. One thing a lot of folks don't know is that most gas control valves will lock out if the gas pressure is too high so it's always best to make sure of your gas pressure. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Thanks. Some how, I'm remembering 3.5 inches WC for furnaces. After the gas valve, that is. I've seen the 1/8 inch pipe plugs on various equipment. Natural gas meters, etc.

.

[...]

Minnesota

And I have a couple of propane tanks as a backup if that ever happens.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Would be safer to bury some 1" PVC and then run flexible CSST through the PVC

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Copper can be used with natural or LP

Reply to
Palodee

Copper is prohibited for natural gas in some parts of the US. The issue is the content of the particular gas in some parts can corrode the copper piping. It's also absurd for the stated use of this thread. If you need a temporary line for an RV, there are flexible gas hoses of various lengths sold for exactly that purpose.

Reply to
trader_4