Telephone Wiring Mystery

In Home Depot, next to wireless phones, and wireless solar lights.

.

Isn't it easier to just get a wireless snowblower and not have to worry about the electronics? [and where do I find one?

Jim

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

True. It still looked like zero.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

A FET front end is micro amps. There is more incidental load on a POTS line from damp insulation along the way.

Reply to
gfretwell

I was just checking resistance. From the bared wires, thru the modular plug and jack, to the screw-terminals on the back of the cover-plate.

Reply to
croy

Ahah! Well that's a dirty trick! :-}

They are mirror-images.

Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
croy

Ahah! Thanks.

Reply to
croy

Back in the 90's I did some work for a nice lady and her mother when I noticed they had a mint condition 1940 model rotary dial phone from Ma Bell. I asked them about it and where they had come up with such a nice old phone. It turned out to be the original phone they had obtained and were still paying a lease on to BellSouth. The nice lady was 73 and her mother was 100 years old. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I've removed many an abandoned in place gear like that from backboards in phone rooms in older office buildings. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas