Taking Dents out of Softwood Floors

We just moved into an old house with finished, soft-wood floors. I put together a TV stand that uses ball-type wheels. I noticed that, when I wheeled the stand, the small contact-point of the wheels produced a nice arc-shaped dent in the floor. I'll replace the wheels with the flat type, but I'd like to get the floor dents out if I can.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
PTRAVEL

Are you planning or willing to refinish the floor?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A damp (not soaking wet) towel placed on the dent and application of a hot iron to the towel will often steam out dents such as this on unfinished wood. Depending on the finish, it might help to try this, but don't get things so hot that you damage the finish.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

We aren't going to refinish the floor. I'm hoping for a trick like using a steam iron or something similar.

Reply to
PTRAVEL

BinaryBill gave you the instructions I would have given. I wanted to be able to warn you that doing so chances damage to the existing finish and/or failure because of the finish.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
nospambob