Sunsetter Awnings

Not sure if this would be the right group for this question, but here goes anyway....has anyone had any experience with Sunsetter Retractable Awnings? We are thinking of installing an awning over our patio and are considering a local company and Sunsetter, but we would like to get decent quality for our hard earned money. I've read only a couple opinions on Sunsetter, but they were not very recent. Any input would be most welcome. Thanks to all.....

Reply to
TMC

A friend bought a motorized one with the remote control and lights. Put it up himself - loves the thing.

RicodJour

I love mine. Had it for 4 years and still works well. I installed a 16 foot motorized unit and use it on weekends, only during the summer. Not the dbest one on the market but it serves my needs. The manual (I have only seen them) unit is VERY strong and a very good buy for the money. I cover mine in the winter due to the harsh N.J. winters.

TMC wrote:

Reply to
chuckster

I have the 20' model over my deck for 5 years now. It's the manual one and if you are going this big, you should consider the motor. I also have the side walls and center arch. The fabric hasn't faded much if at all. it cleans up with a hose and a brush for any tough things like bird droppings. You can unroll the awning without raising it for cleaning. Installation was easy if you don't mind making some precise measurments. BTW, I did put it up myself. If I ever do another one I'll get 2 or 3 people to help. The side walls and arch takes a ladder and a bit of time to install but the walls extend the season a few weeks on either end if the season, Customer Service has been super. I dropped and cracked one of their lights and they sent 2 for free when I called to order a new one. The lady said that they shouldn't break. Bob

Reply to
The Other Funk