Stripping multicore wire?

Carefully.

Or maybe use a wire stripper set to the right diameter. With some, especially cheap ones, you probably have to release your grip, rotate the wire a little and squeeze again. .

Reply to
micky

This reminds me that when I was 8 or 10, my mother wouldn't give me a good knife, she gave me the cheapest, oldest, dullest knife she had, with a handle that wobbled. Decades later I learned that dull knives are more dangerous to use than sharp ones, but it was too late to call her on her mistake.

Reply to
micky

How is this dull knife dangerous?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Because you have to press much harder to get anything done, there's more change of it slipping and going where it shouldn't.

Reply to
Joe

And then doing less damage when it does. The most damage I've done to myself was with a flat bladed screwdriver, why can't flat screws have an end to the slit so the screwdriver doesn't slip out? Oh and there was the time I shorted a bank of thirty car batteries for a solar power system. The pliers took the brunt of that and evaporated. Luckily the molten metal went in a different direction to me.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There you go. A flat bladed screwdriver is even duller than a dull knife, and it did more damage to you, not less.

Reply to
micky

No, a screwdriver is very sharp. It's also ten times shorter than a knife blade, so the force of it is only on a 3mm long piece of skin instead of 30mm long.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I give up.

Reply to
micky

"A flat bladed screwdriver is even duller than a dull knife" in simply untrue, or you buy shit screwdrivers. And you need to read up on pounds per square inch.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey