Strange gutter configuration

Install apache. Open firewall for whatever port it configured to use.

Fake ID

any? maybe you can, but on some roofs it wouldn't do much good to do so.

chaniarts

Don't take this the wrong way...although there really is only one way to take it...

When you mentioned "dormer" earlier on in this thread, I posted a link to picture of a similar structure that shows that there is no dormer associated with this window.

Now here you are, asking about the dormer again. So once again: There is no gutter associated with this window.

Here's what I said last week:

*** Begin Included Text ***

As a visual, pretend that the "garage" in this picture is 2 stories and that the window is on the second floor.

Now pretend that there is a gutter and downspout on each side of the window, but not over the window. Over the window, the roof is extended to at least the same plane as the front of the gutters so water wouldn't be running down the front of the window itself, but would flow out and down.

*** End Included Text ***

For me to take a picture of the house in question, it'll take pulling over on the way to/from work and seeing if there is a spot that I can get a decent picture from.

It's not an overly busy street, but it's definitely a "no parking" street, so I'll make sure I have my walking shoes with me. I'll leave the stilettos in the car.

DerbyDad03

I see parapet walls. Where's the roof I'm supposed to hang gutters off of? ;)

RicodJour

Well, now we are finally on the same page! That is exactly what prompted me to post about the situation in the first place.

I'll see what I can do about a picture, although it's often dark when I leave work and that street is pretty busy during the morning commute, so just pulling over and snapping a few pictures will be an adventure.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

inside the parapets. there is no roof edge. you stated

this is demonstrably false. maybe most, or some, not 'any'.

Reply to
chaniarts

You parse things oddly. I'm surprised you didn't post a picture of a palapa or something.

But, yes, I could put gutters on that house, though why anyone would want to, I don't know. It would make more sense to just install leader/gutter heads and be done with it. But again, I don't know why anyone would want to or if there's even a need.

My response was to someone saying that they _wanted_ gutters on their house but it was impossible due to the steep roof pitch or some such. I called bullshit and and provided options on how to do it.

RicodJour