storage of kindling

My HOA is at it again, and I think they want me to do something about my kindling. How is it supposed to be stored?

I think theym, actually she, wants me to throw it away but I haven't been able to get a straight answer.

It's not all straight and parallel, and stacked up one or more of the HOA board think it has room for rats to nest. I suppose so, but I don't have any, have never had any.

I've broken some pieces in two where they bend and it stacks better that way.

I haven't really seen people storing kindling -- Do people do that -- but for the first time I have a big supply and I enjoy it and want to save it for fires.

Part of a tree on public land fell down last summer on to my property, and I cut it up, and I'm happy to have the wood. This spring I burned about half of the kindling and half of the wood in my fireplace. I wanted to burn 2/3rds of what's left and the burn the rest over a longer period of time.

Thanks

Reply to
mm

mm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Get one of those benches where you can store stuff inside.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Best advice I have is to move to a place with no HOA. You can stack the kindling in a trash can that is covered.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks to; you and Patrick. The trash can is a very good idea. I was still thinking of those Rubbermaid storage boxes. I have several imitation but the trash can is excellent, and I have at least 2 spare ones.

The president has managed to go for a month without telling me what the complaints are about, but I think I'll know by the end of the weekend. Probably the kindling.

Reply to
mm

My point was that I can be pretty stupid. And thanks for the firewood answer too.

Reply to
mm