Stick on flooring?

Hi All,

I watched a U-Tube video about home space savers. Most everything was pretty stupid and expensive.

But one idea was a stick on flooring when you can not afford replacing a floor. The company's name was "poe and cola". My kitchen vinyl floor could use this kind of stop gap.

Problem: I can't find the company. You guys know of other companies that do such?

Many thanks,

-T

YOutube video ads are stupid as applied to me, because I don't want to click on anything inside a video, for fear of losing my tab or my place in the video, or even just taking more time away from the video and losing more continuity, and often the ad ends and I don't know the name of what's advertised. In addition, as I've mentuioned before, you can't go backwards in one of their ads. One would think they'd permit that, if someone like advertising so much he wanted to see it again. After all, you can go backwards in the video itself.

A friend who bought a factory loft used stick-on tile, but the wood was all beat up, soaked in printers ink, and the tile kept coming loose. They've probably improved the product in 50 years, but I'll bet it says the floor has to be flat and not too dirty. Don't know the company you're trying to find but there are others that make the same thing.

Reply to
micky

.. little tiles, larger tiles, roll, or what ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

Open the link in a new tab. Problem solved.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton
[snip]

I often use that feature, when I'm in the MIDDLE of something I want to finish, and see a link I'd like to see too.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

  • 1 I'm in the habit of ~ always using "new tab" for opening links. John T.
Reply to
hubops

We are thinking of a new kitchen floor ourselves.

I found this review for a stick on:

invalid unparseable

Last I checked big box stores had them. Amazon too.

Reply to
cshenk

Yikes. Peel & Stick directly over tile on a bathroom floor. That seems like the sort of thing a house-flipper would do. I can see it lasting a year, maybe .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

That's what I would do, what I almost always do, but I'm still afraid to do it in the middle of youtube.

Reply to
micky

Try it once and see what happens.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

With any luck at all it will snap him into another dimension and we will no longer be pounded with his incessant needy posts .

Reply to
Snag

I'm betting the grout lines were telegraphing thru that tile in under a month . The first rule of vinyl/linoleum /tile products is that no matter how smooth it is , it ain't smooth enough . (20 years experience in flooring trades)

Reply to
Snag

I could do that, especially if I'm watching a video that's not too interesting.

Reply to
micky

REAL BIG Maybe - use LVP instead - high quality, easy to lay, won't lift - lasts for decades

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Finally, a very smooth sub-floor is required to lay them on, otherwise they gradually become cut by the foot pressure above and the shallow edges below. Other comments at

a start.

The main advantages of PVC tiles are low cost, ease of replacing individual tiles, and the fact that the tiles can be laid with only brief periods available. In fact, a DIYer with assorted ten-minute slots in otherwise busy days would have enough time to get a floor laid gradually, and thus could avoid professional installation costs.

Reply to
micky