steps

greetings, i am planning on dropping my outdoor deck to ground level which means i will have to add a step or two from my patio door. is there a national standard or formula that will tell me how many steps i will need, and step width? example, if the patio door is 30 inches above the deck how many steps and how far out should i go? thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Osha says:

I'm pretty sure just about any combination that a rise+tread+rise=25" will be ok.

try this:

RayV

International Residential Code speaks to: max riser, min tread, min width, requirement for landing outside door, requirement for guards. TB

Reply to
tbasc

cj

Building codes will tell you not only do you need a step, but you;ll need a landing at the top.

Since you are going to ground level, consider taking it out and putting in a concrete of stone patio instead. No maintenance. Solid.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski