Steel studs & electrical

I have a new home with an unfinished basement. A drywaller came and installed steel studs so that he could put drywall up, as requested, and then didn't come back. I am looking to finish the basement myself now, and must say I hate steel studs! Anyway, I was wondering about electrical - how do you take care of grounding, installing receptacles, etc. with these things? Do you use a metal box for outlets and switches?

- Bill

Reply to
Phreak

You have to get grommets that fit into the holes in the studs along the path of the elect. wire to protect the wire from abrasion.

Reply to
willshak

there are various accessory clips for attaching ordinary steel boxes to metal studs, and an electrical supply outfit will probably carry an assortment of boxes with clips already installed. I prefer metal studs, actually. No warping, firmer wall structure. bill

Reply to
bill a