Stapling Insulation

Sorry, I posted this on misc.consumers.house before I found this group. Just ignore my post over there.

Hello all, I insulated my garage last winter with faced insulation. I didn't have a staple gun at the time and was always going to staple it when I remembered to grab one at Lowes.

Of course I completely forgot about this and had several sheets of drywall hung yesterday before I realized I never stapled the insulation.

Is this going to be a problem? The insulation had a pretty tight fit and didn't settle any the 6 months it has been up. I could take the drywall down but it's a major headache since I'm doing it by myself.

Let me know what you think or just let me know how stupid I am for making such a bonehead mistake. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
cant_have_my_email

Staples help prevent sagging. Yours has been up for 6 months I would not worry about it.

Reply to
SQLit

Under the circumstances, I'd just let it go. If it did not moved in that time with nothing holding it, I doubt it can move very far with the drywall in place.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski