Sprinkler valves not working

Hi, I have 3 out of 4 sprinkler valves not working any more. The timer is outputting about 27 - 28 volts to the valve solenoids. I have changed the solenoids that are not working, however, I still have the same problem. All the valves will operate manually with no problem. I also have restripped the wires, scraped the ends for better conductivity, and used new wire caps. I have a second timer for another manifold, and it is outputting about 26 volts. (It works fine.) Could 27 - 28 volts be too much? Also, the 9 volt battery was pretty low, but I don't think that would affect it due the the ac power. Thanks for any help. LJ

Reply to
Lou

Are U sure that a wire isn't broken? Maybe it got broken through the winter by the ground possibly heaving when there was freezing and thawing.

conductivity,

Reply to
David

In addition to what the others said, have you checked voltage AT THE VALVE (vs. at the timer/controller)?

If not, disconnect the wire from a valve, turn on the zone, and measure the voltage.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Hi, Thanks for the replies. There is voltage getting to all of the solenoids. I called Rainbird tech support. The tech said that 28 - 29 volts is too high. He said the transformer is malfunctioning. The voltage should be around 26 volts. He suggested getting a new transformer, which is what I will look for when I got to Home Depot. If there is none, I will problably buy a new controller. The tech also mentioned that the solenoids may be burnt out from the higher voltage. Hope not. LJ

Reply to
Lou

Reply to
William Brown